The NPCVML Winter School 2016 has now completed. This two day winter school aimed to inspire Nepalese students in engineering sciences to pursue the field of Computer Vision and Machine Learning. The slides and code used during this winter school is available at this Git repository.
Organizers and Speakers
- Dr. Abhishek Dutta (Research Fellow, University of Oxford, UK)
- Dr. Bishesh Khanal (PhD, INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France)
When and where
- on Nov. 14 and 15, 2016
- at Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering (ICTC Building), Pulchowk Campus, Lalitpur.
- Application for registration
- registration fee of NRs. 300
We gratefully acknowledge the support of Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Pulchowk Campus, Lalitpur.
Structure and Topics
- This two day winter school will have short lectures.
- These lectures are designed to cover a wide range of avenues in Computer Vision and Machine Learning and are aimed to make the participating students curious and excited about this field.
- We will also explore some topics in Mathematics (at undergraduate level) that are indispensable tools for research and development in Computer Vision and Machine Learning.
- We also plan to have some tutorial session (which involves hands on coding exercise to re-enforce some of the concepts).
- We plan to organize this winter school in a very informal setting so that the participating students interact with the speakers.
“Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.” — Socrates
Who can apply
- We encourage all students currently enrolled in any Engineering Sciences program to apply.
- If you are curious about Computer Vision and Machine Learning, you are welcome to apply as well.